Friday, December 04, 2009

The Advent Storybook

We purchased this book several years ago. The story begins on Dec 1st and there is a story for each day up to the 24th. The little bear hears a story from his mother each night about another little bear following the special star. He meets various people and animals on his journey to Bethlehem. This is our 4th year reading it. I opened it to check when it was written and was suprised to find that it was first published in German in 2004 and in English in 2005. It is the type of book that is timeless, so I expected it be written a long time ago. It is for children, but the book is actually quite thoughtful in it's simplicity. Isabelle and Joseph still very much look forward to reading it, and actually so do I. Reading this book seems to have made it's way into becoming a sweet family tradition!

4 comments:

Tracy C. said...

I have heard good things about this book. You aren't the first to recommend it to me. Maybe God is trying to tell me something, lol!

Anonymous said...

I am always looking for great books to read with my boys - and since I have been raising boys for so very long - I am always excited when a worthy book comes along. I'll be looking this one up. I think they would love it!

Unknown said...

Thanks Tam. I've already ordered the book on Amazon.. always glad to have some nice "little" stories to read in *english* to my kids!
Audrey

Mommabelle said...

Hope you all enjoy this story as much as we do!