Saturday, March 24, 2012

Oatmeal Blueberry Muffins - GF

I have seen some recipe's for oatmeal blueberry muffins floating around lately.
I happened to have a craving for them for about a week, and I also just happened to have some gluten free oats in my pantry and blueberries in my freezer. 
They are only slightly sweet and would be great toasted for breakfast.  They are very moist.
My family LOVED them!!!

INGREDIENTS
11/4 C quick cooking oats ( I had gf oats)
1C any gluten free flour or GF flour mixture
1/3 C white sugar
1T baking powder
1/2 t salt
1C milk (I used Almond milk)
1 egg
1/4 C vegetable oil (I used grapeseed)
1 C blueberries

DIRECTIONSHeat oven to 425F
1. Combine oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.  Mix in milk, egg, and oil; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened.  Fold in blueberries.  Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full with batter. ( I used a 1/4C measuring cup and it was the perfect amount to pour into each muffin hole)
2. Bake at 425F for 20 to 25 min.  (They were done in 20 min in my oven)

I can see where some brown sugar sprinkled on top before popping in the oven would be oh so tasty!
Also, I would double this recipe next time!
You could also add in a little mashed banana if you wanted.  This is an easy recipe to play with.

Edited to add:  I have made these several times now.  I ran out of my grapeseed oil and so I used coconut oil! Oh, so delicious!  It is still below 80 here most days so I had to melt it, before pouring it into the batter.
We love coconut oil for all sorts of thing anyway and it is one of the healthy oils!
Give it a try with pancakes!

No comments: