Friday, August 08, 2008

New Things!

I started to work at the school this past Monday. The first day I had to be there very early. It was a strange experience for my alarm to go off before Brendon's! Another wierd feeling was leaving the house before him while the kids were still sleeping! Another morning this week my alarm went off and I started punching Brendon and telling him to turn off his alarm. He said "it's yours!" Oh yeah, sorry forgot about that! HA!

The kids are going back to the school that Isabelle was in for Kindergarten. One of my cousins children will be there too, so that is fun! Isabelle has two really good friends from Kindergarten in her class too and we are so happy about that!

Sports and dance are starting up too. Actually, soccer began this past Tuesday. It was so hot and I really dreaded the practice. We were so fortunate that a cloud came by and stayed put for both of their practices that day!

I've been running regularly and was convinced by two running friends to sign up for a half-marathon on Thanksgiving day! I have to keep going now! Somedays I do honestly wonder how it's going to happen, but I'm sticking to the plan and trying to have large amounts of running faith that it is possible! LOL It's fun to have something to do and look forward too, especially right now with being back at work and all the new stress!

We finally found a solution to keeping the dogs in the fence. We put an electric wire around the bottom of the fence like they use on farms. It gives a little jolt. I'm sure most of you have run into one as a child and felt it! The dogs have been out in the yard for a week and have not escaped once! It's great to not worry about crazy neighbors calling the police, or fear that my dogs will get run over.

I will post some pictures next week!

2 comments:

All American Family said...

Sounds like you're busy!! Can you believe school is starting again already! Congrats on the running thing...maybe it'll be an inspiration to me once Gertrude gets here. (hummm...not placing much money on that one though!) And a larger congrats on figuring out a way to keep the dogs in!

kanelcy said...

hi thr, i track u by learning foreign language..
i learned japanes...
how abt u?
nice 2 meet u here...
i like 2 make frens..