Saturday, October 20, 2012

Weight Watchers

Weight Watchers Online is happening in the Briggs home! 

It was time for us (yes, we are both following the plan) to shed that baby weight plus a few that had crept up on us. 

Y'all, this is the easiest so called diet ever!  You don't go anywhere and everything is online so there is no tedious paper journaling.  Almost every food we eat, and that includes restaurants is already on line.  The only thing we need to do is measure a bit here and there to make sure we are not going over on portion sizes.  We do eat organically, mostly gluten free and are generally health nuts.  Even so, all that food is online too!  For instance, I buy a box mix of gluten free bread (Gluten Free Pantry) for my bread machine.  It was already in their database of foods!

I am following the nursing points plan. I get 40 points per day and 49 extra weekly points.  You can also earn activity points to trade in for food.  I do not use many of the weekly points or activity points.  I do think I will use them during holiday feasts though!  Right now I'm losing about 1 to 1.5 lbs per week.  My goal is 1 pound per week.  They have suggested mini goals if you want to set them.  I love mini goals and my first one is 5% of my bodyweight. 

Normally if I feel like dropping a few pounds, I'll just eat less and exercise, but with exclusively nursing a baby I wanted to make sure I always have enough milk for him.  These nursing points have given me peace of mind as far as that is concerned. 

A few things I disagree with are that most fruits and vegetables have zero points value.  That might work well if you are taller, but I'm a petite person at 5'1" and so I limit my fruits to one or two per day.  I do eat mostly green veggies so that is probably not a problem.  However, butternut squash is also zero points and we eat that a fair bit because we grew it in our garden this summer and have alot of them left. I'm not so sure that is a zero point for me, because I love butternut squash.

Overall, I'm really liking the program! 


2 comments:

All American Family said...

Go Tamara! I did Weight Watchers for a while and loved it. Then I got pregnant with the 3rd baby so I quit the program...then lost that baby but never got back on the bandwagon. Now that I've had Leif I've thought about getting back on it. I need to bite the bullet (and not all that chocolate!) and do it! I'm glad you're having success!

Mommabelle said...

It's a tough time of year to bite the diet bullet, but I figured I might as well get a headstart on the New Year!